Friday 1 April 2011

Friday 1st April

Earlier today I went on a pony trek which is run from the Atholl Estates trekking centre, just up from the castle.  Since I have only ever been on a horse once in my life I thought I should give it a go to see what it is like and I have to say I had a brilliant time.  We had a tour along the banvie burn trail and learned a great deal more about the estate and what these beautiful ponies are also used for.   

The treks run for either 1 or 2 hours and it is a great way to see and learn more about the estate and the ponies with friendly staff at hand to help and answer all your burning questions.  Can you think of a nicer way to view the estate than on horseback? 

Also if you are out and about on the trails at Logierait or doing the Glen Benvie trail then be sure to keep your eyes open amphibians.  There is an abundance of frog spawn up the Glen Benvie trail and palmate newts have been heading back to the water to start breeding so if you keep your eyes peeled you may spot them.

No comments:

Post a Comment